These days mobile phones have made their place in all aspects of our lives. This includes our health, daily activities, and of course, our diet. There are many Android and IOS applications that are designed to help us have healthy meals and a healthy lifestyle in general. Some apps come with calorie counting capabilities, some provide meal plans and healthy recipes, and some even track the quality of your sleep and daily exercise.
In this article, we are going to get to know some of the best diet apps on the market. In addition, we will learn about their strong points and drawbacks. Armed with this information, you can pick the best application for you and take the first step towards a healthy body and mind.
Platejoy allows you to relax and relinquish control of your meals and shopping list to your mobile phone. Using this app, you no longer have to ask yourself: what should I cook today!? Instead, you only have to take a lifestyle quiz and determine the kind of diet you’d like to have.
Platejoy’s algorithm makes a meal plan for you, complete with easy and quick recipes. It also makes you a weekly shopping list to ensure you have all the necessary ingredients. You can also arrange for Instacart or Amazon Fresh to deliver all the fresh goods to your doorstep.
Why we like Platejoy
- The meal plans and recipes are easy to make
- It consists of nutritious meals that help you reach your ideal weight
- The grocery shopping list enables you to stay on top of things
- It takes into account any dietary preferences you might have
Why we don’t like Platejoy
- It costs between $69.00 and $99.99 per month, which is too much for an app
- It doesn’t take into account that you need regular exercise alongside a healthy diet
- Adding your own recipes might prove difficult because not all the ingredients are on the app.
Noom uses cognitive behavioral therapy to help you have a good relationship with food and move towards a healthier, more sustainable lifestyle. One can even go so far as to say that Noom doesn’t even offer you a diet. Instead, there is a 10-minute daily curriculum that teaches you the philosophy of food and eating. With the help of Noom, you can move towards such lifestyles in the direction of diabetes and hypertension prevention.
According to the app, it takes about 16 weeks to change your eating habits and have a better relationship with food. During these 16 weeks, you can have one-to-one coaching sessions that allow you to customize and make your meal plan and develop your favorite recipes.
Moreover, Noom connects you to a group coach who adds you to groups with the same goal as yours. With the help of your groupmates and the inspirational messages you receive from your coach, you can change your entire mindset about food and eating.
Why we like Noom
- Its psychological approach helps you change your mind about what you eat and why you eat it. Using this approach, you are less likely to lose your pace and become demotivated.
- Noom’s sense of community keeps you connected to the people walking in the same direction. Your relationship with the other “Noomers” can help you keep going.
- The gamified interface is entertaining as well as motivating. It allows you to share and celebrate your victories and never forget your commitment.
Why we don’t like Noom
- First of all, it’s expensive. You can buy the basic subscription version for $0.99, but if you want personal coaching and all the other features, you have to pay up to $199.00 per month.
- It takes a lot of your time. It’s not just a matter of entering your daily food, water, and exercise into the app. It’s also attending classes, having sessions, talking in groups, and adding recipes and ingredients to the app. This can take a lot of your time and get exhausting after a while.
Many people think that WW is the best diet and meal plan app there is, and with good reason. One of the best things about this app is that the meal planned for you is completely tailored to your needs and dietary preferences.
You are asked to tell the app what your favorite foods are and what your weight goal is. Then the company’s scientists and nutritionists work together to make a uniquely personalized meal plan for you.
There is even an option in which you tell the app about the ingredients of your fridge, and it suggests recipes you can make with them. Recipes that are both simple and nutritious. WW also creates an activity budget for you and allows you to connect your fitness tracker to the app. This way, you know how much exercise you do during the week and how much you need to do to reach your goals.
WW also comes with a sleep and mindset tracker to ensure you are in the right mood and your metabolism does not suffer from a lack of sleep hours and quality. That, together with WW’s community, helps you share your accomplishments and ask your questions about the program.
Why we like WW
- There are very few applications that cover your exercise plans as well as your dietary ones. Having a plan for working out and eating healthy makes you feel like you are taking significant steps toward a healthy lifestyle.
- The food suggestions on WW are not complicated or expensive. Usually, people associate eating healthy with spending a lot of money on luxury products. With WW, you simply put in the food you eat, and it comes up with suggestions on how to make something healthier with the same ingredients.
Why we don’t like WW
- It can be time-consuming to put all the food you eat and all the exercise you do into the app every day. After a while, the task just seems too tedious, and you might want to just quit.
- The application comes with a one-to-one coaching program. The coach is supposed to answer all your questions and guide you through the recipes. However, for some people reporting to a coach can be overwhelming. For others, it can be unpleasant to have to wait, sometimes for hours, to get a response from your coach.
Medical Diet App
All the applications so far mentioned in this article create diets and meal plans based on the information you provide in a questionnaire. But the truth is that more often than not, we don’t have all the information about our own bodies.
That’s why Medical Diet App does not put all the trust in your incomplete information. In order to get a medically accurate diet and meal plan, you must submit to a blood test. The nutritionists working for the company carefully analyze your test result and, together with your dietary preferences and restrictions, collects enough information to create the best plan for you.
Medical Diet App uses a proprietary algorithm and artificial intelligence to deliver multiple diet options based on what you need and like. The best point about the Medical Diet App is that it does not provide diets just to lose weight. There are other diets for boosting the immune system, controlling chronic diseases, and many other purposes.
What we like about Medical Diet App:
- The Medical Diet App has significantly lower price ranges compared to other applications.
- The artificial intelligence and blockchain technology that is used to develop Medical Diet App makes it the most state-of-the-art application in the market.
- This app does not rely solely on the information the user provides. Instead, it bases its dietary decisions on the results of a blood test.
What we don’t like about Medical Diet App
- This application does not take into account your daily regimen of exercise. So the amounts of food prescribed might not be as accurate.
One inevitable fact in the world of fitness and weight-loss diets is that the one-size-fits-all philosophy does not work. Instead, users need a personalized meal plan that fits their lifestyle, body type, weight goals, and personal preferences.
That’s why the more personalized the app gets, the better it suits the needs of the users and the most popular it gets. So it’s not a matter of the best app for diets and meal plans. It’s a matter of the best app that has all YOU need and also suits your monthly budget.